The Water Factory
Produces clean drinking water from river water.
Produces clean drinking water.
Converts river water into clean drinking water.
*Note: The Water Factory can be used in other bodies of water such as lakes and oceans, however, it is built from “scratch” rather than reusing a vessel (like The Changemaker and Reliever options). Consult with EnviroNor to find out which option is right for your country/organization.
Who It Is for:
An area where clean drinking water is a scarce resource.
Helps local community efficiently use existing water resources by recycling river (or other) water into clean drinking water; gives people access to clean drinking water, which sustains life and promotes health.
- Must be an onshore area in need of clean drinking water.
- Land area or space for construction of shore-based water treatment plants is limited or not available.
Area that has nearby rivers or lakes.
- Mobility: Can be used at a particular location for a limited period of time (for example,during planning and construction of land-based water treatment plants). It can also serve multiple locations in a specific area.
- Construction Flexibility: Can provide quick access to clean drinking water without the costly, up-front investment of a land-based treatment plant. (Land-based options usually require land reclamation and construction considerations.)
- Relativly Low Cost: Compared to an onshore plant, a lower investment is required to mobilize a “floating” offshore plant. Again, the ship can be utilized for shorter or longer periods of time, resulting in cost savings and/or cost flexibility.